Thanks to the adoption of international methodologies for certification in sustainable construction we can make your building healthier and more comfortable, while reducing CO2 emissions, but keeping original budget.
“Measuring what really matters…”
Why getting a certification in sustanaible construction, right now?
Beacause real state investment has been rebounding in Spain during last years. but it does so in an unequal way depending on which dwellings are offerred and in which cities.
Furthermore, real state agents are pushed to offer better products to customers who want to buy, but demand more and more quality.
So finally, conducting a sutainable construction certificate from an international institution could be a possitive way to increase sells.
Because there is no mandatory standards assuring buildings sustainablity by the moment, so stakeholders are not pushed to consider comfortable and environemnt friendly buildings, as they should.
In opposition, we offer real state agents some voluntary improvements, whose will produce more sustainable buildinngs for healthier people.
From the beggining, ZER0CEM focused its activiy on being a regional leader in the field of sustainable construction certification, so now we can offer an holistic development of sustainability conducted in an serious and rigorous way.
We can help you with all these environmental assessment certification methods and some more…
Building Research Establishment Environmental Assessment Method
BREEAM®, which was created in 1990, promotes a more sustainable construction through tools that evaluate real estate and urban developments, and is therefore one of the leading construction sustainability certificates with 541,000 buildings evaluated in 77 countries.
For this reason, the certificate is fully adapted to language, regulations and constructive practice in Spain. BREEAM ES enhance a collaborative process involving multidisciplinary professionals coordinated by the Technological Institute of Galicia, which allows to streamline the process and reduce construction costs.
“Real State sales price can be increased up to 10%, thanks to a reduction up to 60% in energy and up to 35% in water* “
“Obtaining a high level of assessment sustainability at BREEAM can produce an additional cost smaller than 2%, which can be recover in less than 5 years thanks to energy saving* ”
BREEAM ES Certification schemes
- “Comunidades”, for urban developments
- “Residencial”, for all kind of dwelling configuration: single or multifamily
- “Nueva Construcción”, other new buildings different than residential
- “En uso”, to measure sustainability in already in use buildings
Typologies and categories
Any typology from residential to office, hotel, hospital, and others. For new, and restored buildings or just already in use buildings that need a continuous update through an efficient management.
BREEAM evaluation, based on an holistic approach, qualifies from “correcto”, to “bueno”, “muy bueno”, “excelente” and “excepcional”. Measurement tools are based on a categories evaluation that covers all building’s life cycle.
GES SYB ENE TRA AGUA
MAT RES USE CON INN
- (GST) Management (Gestión)
- (SYB) Health & Wellbeing (Salud y Bienestar)
- (ENE) Energy (Energía)
- (TRA) Transport (Transporte)
- (AG) Water (Agua)
- (MAT) Materials (Materiales)
- (RES) Waste (Residuos)
- (USE) Land use & Ecology (Uso del suelo y ecología)
- (CONT) Pollution (Contaminación)
- (INNO) Innovation (Innovación)
How to certify?
- Previous evaluation and BREEAM ES registration
- Strategies definition
- Design phase certificate
- Postconstruction certificate
- Certificate issuance
In ZER0CEM, we have BREEAM ES assessors with operative license obtained trough an specific teaching program according to EN-17024.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
LEED is an international certification in sustainable construction created in 1998 by The US Green Building Council (USGBC)
It highlights as the leading certificate in sustainable construction for mix use and office buildings as figures suggest: more than 90.000 certified buildings spread over 164 countries.
According to USBDC data, certification in sustainable construction guarantees savings between 30% to 90% in energy, water and waste production as well as C02 emissions.
- BD+C. Building Design and Construction.
- ND. Neigborhood developments.
- O+M. Operation and maintenance.
- ID+C. Interior Design and construction.
Categories and typologies
LEED allows you to certify any kind of building wether it is new, refurbished, or fully restored, as well as urban developments. To that, it suggests several certification schemes that arebeen continuosly revised to assure improvement and adaptation to technology and knowledge updates.
Acoording to marks obtained from different categories, LEED can certificate in Silver, Gold, or Platinum.
LT SS WE EA
MR EQ IN RE
- (LT) Location and Transports, Ubicación y transportes, where we measure what influence has the building over local environment
- (SS) Sustainable sites, and its relationship with buildings
- (WE) Water efficiency, through technology and strategies integration
- (EA) Energy and atmosphere. Evaluation of multiple factors influencing energy intensity use and the promotion of renewable energies
- (MR) Materials ans resources, with use responsible use and management
- (EQ) Indoor Environmental Quality
- (IN) Innovation
- (RE) Regional priority. Some final adjustments in concordance with regional features.
¿How to certificate?
- Opportunity and launch
- Research and design
- Site and construction
- Review and LEED certification
Trust in US
We have LEED BD´+C trained to work in all LEED categories obtaining the highest possible ratings.
The WELL Building Standard (WELL)
The WELL Building Standard® (WELL) combines best practices in design and construction with evidence-based medical and scientific research — harnessing the built environment as a vehicle to support human health and well-being.
WELL is an independently verified, performance-based system for measuring, certifying and monitoring features of the built environment that impact human health and well-being.
WELL Standard is revolutionizing the way people think about buildings. It explores how design, operations and behaviors within the places where we live, work, learn and play can be optimized to advance human health and well-being
Project types and pilot programs
CORE & SHELL
NEW & EXISTING BUILDINGS
NEW & EXISTING INTERIORS
- Multifamily residential, with more than 5 dwellings
- Education facilities, at all ages
- Retail, of any size
- Restaurants, without kitchen
- Commercial kitchens, within any other typology
WELL Certified™ and WELL Core and Shell Compliant™ spaces can help create a built environment that improves the nutrition, fitness, mood, sleep patterns, productivity and performance of its occupants. WELL is composed of over 100 Features that are applied to each building project. Each WELL Feature is designed to address issues that impact the health, comfort or knowledge of occupants through design, operations and behavior.
Like in LEED, The WELL Standard scores from Silver, Gold to Platinum.
AIR WATER NOURISHMENT LIGHTING FITNESS COMFORT MIND
¿How to certificate?
- Project registration and Assessor asignment
- Documentation uploading
- Documentation review and performance on site
- WELL final report
Trust in US
We have WELL AP trained to work in all WELL programs obtaining highest available ratings.